ChrisJPN's avatar

Japan Japan

Sushi Imperiale by Bois 1920

I, too, thought the use of sushi in the name was a strange choice. I live in Japan but I'm not a huge sushi eater. My Japanese wife, however, insists this evokes the very high quality, slightly sweet fish used in very expensive sushi. The type that costs $10-20 per piece. So there you go...

Regardless, this is a lovely scent. At first, it almost reminded me of Sequoia by CdG but not exactly... There's something familiar about the opening that I can't place. As somebody else said, the dry down is exactly like a more subtle version of Opium Pour Homme. I consider it a good warm weather alternative (not to discount it as a winter fragrance, I haven't had chance to try yet but I'm sure it'll be just as good). It has good staying power and smells rich and detailed but it's never overpowering or too aggressive.

Personally, I love it.