pinkfizzy's avatar

Black Cashmere by Donna Karan

I was excited to find this at a discount store, as I'd heard a lot about it. I love the bottle (the 30ml), although my mother said that it looks like a "very expensive vibrator" (thanks for that, ma). I had to wait to try it on until I got home because she's allergic to perfume. The first impression I had was of strong church incense, and the way it can permeate your clothes and hair. However, as it developed the spices and sweetness became more apparent. It's gorgeous, and not something I would expect to find at a department store these days-- to interesting. Since I have a (very) low tolerance for sweetness, the spicy-puddingyness of it was a bit overwhelming, so I layered it with Montale Original Aoud and wow, it really balanced it out.

Thoughtfully and elegantly composed. Now I just have to go back to that store and buy Theorema...

06th January, 2010