kitsch's avatar

Poême by Lancôme

The weirdest scent memory occurred to me today. I put on Jil Sander Style Pastels Soft Yellow for the first time and it immediately called another scent to mind. After racking my brains - the other scent's name was nearly on the tip of my tongue but wouldn't fully emerge! - I finally hit upon it. It smells like Poeme after Poeme has mellowed down for a few hours.

I like Poeme, in small doses and on the right occasion, and I didn't expect that immediate "scent echo" from Jil Sander Style Pastels Soft Yellow. Does any other Basenotes reviewer find the same thing?

I've since seen that there are internet-supplied notes in common: orange blossom, freesia, vanilla, amber, but did anyone else get this experience too? It isn't just me is it?

15th July, 2010