Diamondflame's avatar

Singapore Singapore

Tabac Blond by Caron

TABAC BLOND by Caron is immediately stunning, even chic when I smell it off fabric. Not surprising considering it was released by such an esteemed house at the very cusp of a golden era in perfumery. But on my skin it turns rather butch and stays that way for the next 30 minutes, the smoky masculine leather slowly softening to a more gender-neutral, buttery yet dry floral-tinged amber and musk. And as the vanilla gains in strength so does its feminine appeal. But just when I think this is turning out to be another musky amber vanilla, a glowing tobacco note arrives to give this gem an entirely new facet.

I must say this is by far one of the finest scents I've had the pleasure, no, privilege to sample; I feel so lucky to have stumbled upon this hobby. Words suddenly feel so inadequate for Tabac Blond is truly out of this world!

*** This review is of the extrait ***