Silvester by Geo F Trumper

I sent to Trumper for samples: they sent me several, and Silvester Cologne was one of them, but I couldnít find it on their website. Maybe it is some sort of a mystery scent, or maybe itís discontinued, but then, why would they send it to me? I hope they didnít discontinue it, because it is a very good fragrance. It begins with an attractive citrus / herb accord that is sparkling clean and bright, and that stays close to the skin and doesnít project very much. Itís performance characteristics remind me a lot of Thierry Muglerís Cologne except that the citrus notes in Silvester are sharper and clearer. After a while it changes course from T. M. Cologne and becomes more and more coniferous. It grows in impact as it does this ó still not much sillage, but the fragrance has gained character. The drydown is light with coniferous notes, again, remaining close to the skin. The longevity of this fragrance is quite good. I like this scent a lot. If I had been aware of this before I bought Muglerís Cologne, I would have bought the Trumperís Silvester instead, that is, if I could have found a place that sells it.

03 February, 2007