justaguy's avatar

Arpège by Lanvin

I got a miniature of this just a month ago and have been loving it since, but application has been difficult, since its a splash bottle. Much to my dismay, the splash bottle splashed about half of itself onto me one morning before school. I didn't have time to take it off, so I braved the massive sillage. As my AP US History teacher paced the room, he started sniffing the air on our side of the classroom, saying, "It smells nice in here, who is that?" Everyone around me turned and pointed to me. Needless to say, it was embarrassing and flattering and hilarious all at once. Thank God this stuff is so good. Definitely unisex, it starts along the lines of a muted No. 5 of Joy in a more beige tone that isn't as strident with the aldehydes. After that, it grows into a beautiful rich musky floral that dries down into the best musk base out there, hands down. A must try for anyone.

15 September, 2009