Kouros Eau D'Ete by Yves Saint Laurent

It actually smells blue. This is exactly what blue would smell if you could smell a color. The mint and artemisia and bergamot form a wonderfully refreshing opening accord—blue! It is quite subtle and well crafted—if only it lasted a little longer. The mid notes I get—rosemary and jasmine—are pleasant and adequate (more bluish-green than blue). The blue energy returns with the base, which is an excellently created accord of cedar, amber, and incense. To be very honest, I do not get the much connection of this to Kouros, but if I stretched my imagination far enough, I could draw a relationship to Body Kouros—like a twelfth cousin, three times removed. A very unique fragrance that doesn’t last long enough, but is a pleasure while it does.

03rd June, 2006