cheekyhamsta's avatar

Ultrared Man by Paco Rabanne

Intrigued by the good reviews this fragrance has had on this website, I tried a tester of this in a shop recently. It started off tremendously sweet – nothing wrong with that. However some nauseous note or combination of notes lurking in the background soon came to the fore and remained there indefinitely, reminding me of the unpleasant smell of vinyl seats baking on a very hot day in a 1970s car with the windows closed, and ultimately leading me to revile this scent intensely. I certainly cannot recommend this as a blind buy. In its defence, I would say it has good sillage and its eye-catching packaging is first class. Joop! Go which I have found to be a similar type of fragrance is superior to this in terms of sheer likeability.

21st January, 2010