Fierce for Men by Abercrombie & Fitch

I didnít expect Fierce to be bad, nor did I expect to love it Ė it met my expectations, but I like it better than I thought I would. With the first spray, I recognized it immediately from smelling it in shopping malls. Itís a nice fragrance for a young man in that, although it is typical of several of the more modern offerings, it is done a bit better than most. Itís opening is a competent citrus accord with a bit of warming spice Ė cardamom. Its textured floral middle level is masculine enough and the touch of rosemary adds considerably to the depth of the fragrance by cooling the warm florals. I really enjoy the base and make special note of the rosewood and oakmossÖ itís a pleasure to find those two modernly unpopular notes used so well in this kind of fragrance. I like this Fierce and, as others have said, I think the bottle is a bit much.

20th July, 2010