Kenzoair by Kenzo

I’ve reconsidered. I have come to see this as the designer poster child of “sheer” and “transparent.” Kenzoair opens so subtly that it almost feels as if there is no scent. But there really is a translucency that presents the anise, cedar, and vetiver, and creates a wonderful coniferous / spicy ambiance—an ambiance I missed the first few times I tested it. However, the more I wore it, the more apparent the notes became. It has come to a point now where I actually feel that the fragrance is quite strong; I never would have believed this when I first tested it. It is quite a linear scent with the anise, conifer, and vetiver, but in spite of its linearity, it continues to hold my interest. Kenzoair is a trickster that seems totally transparent but is really a quality scent that gives forth beautifully natural accords for an adequate length of time. It is a light fragrance that has a wonderfully delicate but masculine presentation. It is quite unique.

17 October, 2005 (Last Edited: 18 March, 2007)