UrbanMan's avatar

True Star Men by Tommy Hilfiger

I do not agree with the statement that this is for 18-35s. I'd add half a dozen years to the lower, and ten or more to the upper end. Maybe that's what happens with all men's fragrances, over time there is age migration, because the fickle young and cool wannabes move on to the next new thing. A fragrance has to grab a non super-young audience, or die.

I like the instant clean grapefruit/sweet lemony element, there might even be a very slight trace of warm honey also, and this instant element mix has some staying power. After a time, a wet leathery, black liquorice emerges without being overpowering. This mixed nicely with the sweet first wave. There is ultimately a whiff that, indeed, as someone else hinted at, hits a bit like laundry water with fresh scent detergent in it.

I don't perceive the advertised sandalwood, which is completely fine by me, because too many men's scents these days are too musky/woody. True Star is a nice anti-wood option.

The scent is not strong, so I'd apply near sweat glands, the side of the neck, or toward the front opening of a v-neck or buttoned shirt. I'm looking forward to wearing this one on a sunny day next Spring, as I think it may be most suitable for Spring/Summer.

10th November, 2009