awesomeness's avatar

W by Banana Republic

Banana Republic W (BRW) is a very pleasant, light, slightly powdery, green floral. I don't get bug spray on top, but I do get about 5 minutes of urine, yes urine. It passes, and after that BRW is a fresh & citrusy office-appropriate everyday fragrance. It's a modern green that's best for spring or summer, I think.

I like my florals bold or light, and BWR fits the latter group. There's a white floral that's just a tad irritating to me when I wear it on my skin. Maybe Honeysuckle or Lily of Valley, or the combination of both? I don't get the same irritation when BRW is applied to a card. Amazing longevity on a card, btw - nearly a week later, still there - clear, bright, & clean.

BRW is something that seems appropriate for warmer weather, but for me it's not due to that white floral. However, BRW could be a go-to floral fragrance in the winter for me. It has enough green pep to brighten gray skies but enough depth to withstand cooler temps.

BRW reminds me of Alliage/Aliage, only a lighter, more floral version. You have to have the right chemistry to pull both off, imo. Thankfully I do - Alliage in summer, BRW in winter.

BRW is one of the few florals that I own. Obtained it in a swap, nearly 100ml full. Haven't decided if I will replace if (when) gone. Odds are, I'll probably swap it out.

12 September, 2010