great_badir's avatar

English Fern by Bronnley

As odysseusm's review opener says, Basenotes has this listed as a feminine fragrance, but I've seen it marketed in many shops here in the UK (including Bronnley merchants) as being for gents. The reality is that it's probably unisex, but it definitely errs more on the feminine than masculine. A very weird frag which at no point really smells of fern - like odysseusm, I also can't detect any fern note at all. What I do get is an unusual smoky sweet and very synthetic woody floral which to me smells "cheap" and doesn't really change. Given that this is a cologne splash designed to be used in quantity, silage and longevity are surprisingly good - a good 4 to 5 hours on me - but whether anyone actually wants to smell like this for that long is open to question. I certainly don't - one of only two frags I've poured down the sink.

07th January, 2010 (Last Edited: 05th May, 2010)