Jean Patou Fan's avatar

Chanel Pour Monsieur by Chanel

I love Chanel Pour Monsieur (I still think of it as "Gentleman's Chanel", as it was advertised during the 70s and 80s). It is a lovely mixture of aldehydic notes, lemon, chypre and subtle spice. The sweet lemon notes are more noticable when my husband wears it, but on my skin it is not dissimilar to No5. I'm not nearly as fond of the newer concentrated version, which I think is a different fragrance altogether, rather than a different strength. (Chanel seem to be in the habit of doing this: the newer Eau de Parfums of No5, No19 and Cristalle are all quite different from the original EDT/Parfum).

My favourite men's fragrance, along with the sadly discontinued Monsieur Worth. I really don't think the formula changed when it became "Pour Monsieur" in the UK - it smells the same as it always did. A classic, and fare more elegant than the newer Chanel men's fragrances. Perfect

19th April, 2010