Jean Patou Fan's avatar

Monsieur Worth by Worth

Monsieur Worth really was a wonderful fragrance! Fairly light and elegant, with subtle green, citrus and spice notes; it also had an unusual note, which I have rarely smelled (it's there in drastically smaller quantities in Chanel Pour Monsieur and Worth Pour Homme). It's very difficult to describe this note, but it was slightly sweet, and reminded me of the smell in an old fashioned tobacconist.

Monsieur Worth was available in various sizes of EDT and Aftershave, as well as some lovely bath products, including soap and talc. If I remember rightly the EDT was sold in 56ml and 112ml bottles. The packaging was very elegant, with a blue-green design; I could never work out the design, but I think it was possibly coloured rocks or crystals.

Along with Chanel Pour Monsieur, Monsieur Worth was my all time favourite mens fragrance. Very elegant, and far more distinctive than contempoary scents. Such a pity it was discontinued, especially when the pleasant, but rather boring Worth Pour Homme is still being made.

08th April, 2010