actiasluna's avatar

Cabotine by Grès

I am usually not much of a fan of flowery scents. (as one office mate called it, "FLOWERDY")... however, Cabotine is an exception. There is a lovely greenness to the top notes that is refreshing, and the middle notes are flowery indeed, but in a very good way to my nose, fresh, not too sweet, not generic perfumey at all... and I would bet that the vetiver in the base is what helps anchor all the ingredients that make up this scent. I do get the impression it's a MUST TEST FIRST as there are enough other reviews that say it turns horrible on the reviewer's skin... but my own experience says that this is a winner... and an affordable one as well. (check out your TJ MAXX's, they have a lot of it in right now (July 2010) for "a song"... I like it very much and needed something green and "flowerdy" for the summer, and Cabotine is it.

02nd July, 2010