BayKAT's avatar
    BayKAT

Or et Noir by Caron

This is one of my top five scents. It is so pure, so well done, and so rich it's hard for me to find words that do it justice. I consider this one of my signature scents, along with L'heure Bleue, Mitsouko, and En Avion.

This is a dark, gothic rose-geranium combo. I've smelled geranium oil before, and prefer it over rose, actually. It is a 'non-flowery' floral, more on the woody side, and is very soothing.

This scent is very 'smooth', there is nothing 'airy' or 'twangy' about it. Like Vintage Vogue, I too think of 'wine' when I wear this, a deep, dark red, like an Argentine Malbec. This lasts all day on me, it's an 18 hour fragrance. However, I find that it wears better when 'dabbed' than 'sprayed'. Somehow spraying it interferes with the smoothness factor.

09 February, 2010 (Last Edited: 20th March, 2010)