BayKAT's avatar
    BayKAT

George Sand by Les Parfums Historiques

V.S. Pritchett called George Sand a 'thinking bosom that overpowered her young lovers.' With that in mind, I spritzed her namesake on my own bosom and went about my day looking for young, impressionable men. (none were to be found)

The notes here should be unsurprising. I read that Sandalwood is similar to the human pheromone alpha androsterone, and is considered an aphrodisiac. The same for Patchouli, which is used as an anointing oil in Tantric sexual rituals. Bergamot is second to lavendar in its ability to relax brain waves, and rose also acts to calm nervous tension.

Whew. With all that going on, just what sort of life did this woman lead? Who cares. I like the scent. I can't give an unbiased review because these are my favorites notes, and here they are mixed scandalously well.

It does open with the middle act, or, I don't detect a citrus opening. You can tell its there, though, because the heavy woody base has an edgy, sharp spin to it. This is going on my bosom's 'consider buying' list (and why not?)

09 May, 2010