Hoggar by Yves Rocher

The synthetic combination of bergamot and cedarwood is pernicious. I have known very few fragrances that I found as annoying as Hoggar is when it hits my skin. I bought a bottle blind and itís another one of my regrets of blind-buying decisions. Regardless of when it was developed, I find Hoggar one of those Ď90s offerings that have that synthetic, conglomerate miasma thing going Ė only this one is worst than most. In four attempts I have never been able to keep it on my skin for more than fifteen minutes Ė in the past that has only happened with leather, violet leaf, or orchid prominent fragrances. There is no note listed in Hoggar that I dislike, so Iím guessing my problem with it is the quality of the ingredients or the proportions of the assembly, or maybe itís the skin reaction thing. In any case, this is an emphatic thumbís down.

10th August, 2009