Warum's avatar

Chemical Bonding by Ineke

Wow, what a lemon! Is it just a burst of lemon with leaves, tree and bark? Is it just about to melt into a lemon meringue? Is it -- God forbid! -- just a lemon scented dish soap??

Just when I thought that lemon will overpower my senses, the lovely note of peony rose up. Stayed like that for about three hours and went into a very mild drydown.

This one is nice... but... it makes me think about L'Eclat d'Arpege by Lanvin and the comparison is definitely favors this old favorite of mine. It has the beginning of Sicilian lemon leaves, a lemony beginning, too, but a far more interesting one. A peony note it delivers is sweeter, and the lasting power is definitely 8 hours+ rather than about 5-6. I guess it's just me -- now I know what it feels like to find a Holy Grail since I'm turning down two new peony fragrances (this one and Paeonia by L'Occitane) with the same phrase: there's nothing this fragrance does that L'Eclat d'Arpege doesn't do for me.

17 April, 2010