Coz 02 by Parfumerie Generale

This is spicy, woody, and resinous: the deep, dark, smoky nature of Coze 02 shows itself immediately. I have encountered few scents that exhibit such a strong hold on opaqueness so immediately. What little hint of sweetness there is comes from vanilla pods, which, in themselves are more woody than sweet. I believe that the assertive note in the top and middle is the hemp note; it is remarkable in its exotic wood / green richness. Ive always loved the smell of hemp. I cant really pick out many of the individual notes that are listed in the pyramid chocolate, pimento, coffee because the smoky resinousness totally dominates the accord to my nose. Im sure those individual notes are there, but they form themselves in a shadowy but compelling background. I love what I get a resinous woody, spice bomb along with the warm bitterness of some deep, dark expresso. Strangely enough, for such a strongly dry and powerful scent, it has limited longevity. I just cant get more than an hour and a half activity on my skin a fact that greatly disappoints me because I love the murky, dusky nature of Coze 02. Thumbs up for the accords and a pox on the longevity.

24 May, 2008