debauchery's avatar

Ananas Fizz by L'Artisan Parfumeur

This perfume was my FIRST foray out of the commercial (Chanel, Dior, etc) perfume world and into the more niche perfumes.

All along, I was under the impression that perfumes were either woody and dowdy (as most commercial labels' older perfumes had presented themselves) or sweet and sparkling (as most of the newer commercial perfumes had presented themselves). Ananas Fizz, as a fruit perfume, really surprised me in that it was not cloying or 'typical' of the new-age mans perfume. I was completely smitten. It was fresh and had a distinct pineapple note WITHOUT smelling artificial or 'plastic' like so many fruity fragrances do. It also smells nice and boozy which I love.

Anyway, i bought a 100ml bottle and have since finished using it, and I loved it every time i wore it. Not exactly something to wear to a dinner, but still a relatively easy scent to wear. My only beef with this perfume is that the sillage is like the memory span of a goldfish and i HATE having to reapply because it looks silly spraying on perfume in public.

27 June, 2010