Redbeard's avatar

Gucci Pour Homme II by Gucci

Really interesting...one of the best examples of a scent that is cool and warm at the same time. Smells gray and purple, or gray and steel blue (i.e. the color of the juice is very appropriate). It starts with a sharp, clean, direct sweetness which by all accounts should be too much, but isn't because of the spices and herbs. It lies somewhere between pepsin bubble gum and rootbeer, both of which should instantly turn me off, but it draws me in because it ambiguously stops short of mimicking either one. I don't like pepper in scents, but the tiny bit here plus the added pimento gives a similar little tang without actually irritating my nose. It doesn't evolve much but I don't find that to be a problem. It's never quite what I expect it to be, and it never quite strays into any of the different types of "too sweet" that I'm so used to encountering.

16 November, 2010