Shifty Bat's avatar

Baldessarini by Baldessarini

Here's a good example of what comes to mind when I read another reviewer use the term, 'plasticky.' The mint and orange opening, which has been done to death, teams up with -something- else (fir?) in the mix to make an unnaturally fruity/fake accord which I suppose was intended to come across as metallic in a manly way, but I guess I lack the swarthy countenance or the sheer manliness to make this present itself appropriately. It just smells awkward and unnatural to me. After a good half hour or so, however, this sensation begins to diminish and the whole becomes more woody, and I can attest the drydown, which I find the most worthwhile part of the whole, lasts until the next morning. I did not expect that. Well, It's got ups and downs, so I suppose that makes it at the very least interesting.

17th November, 2010