Shifty Bat's avatar

Drakkar Noir by Guy Laroche

It's so funny and exhilarating and even embarrassing to me to see the rainbow of reactions to this scent. THAT is, maybe above all else, what makes Drakkar Noir so memorable to so many. Some love it. Some hate it. But either way, there is passion involved! How many fragrances have survived for half as long, balancing on a razor's edge of sheer reaction?
    I got my hands on a sample of this in a gift set five years ago and it became my first favorite scent. One could consider this the catalyst for my subsequent obsession. I have since grown, developed, improved, but for all my experience I can't leave behind my fondness for Drakkar Noir. No one I know likes it, but I'll keep some around for myself because it's like an old photograph of a memorable event or a great friend you don't see too often. It means nothing to those around me, But I understand it better. Maybe this is the reason I tend to prefer older fragrances?

17th November, 2010