Kalynne's avatar

Fougère Royale by Houbigant

RE: New Fougere Royale. Without knowing the notes I was expecting something a bit old fashioned and floral in a boring way. I gave the back of my hand a good spray. An inch of oily residue stayed put. My impression, oh it's fresh and citrusy. Hmm...bergamot and the sort of lemony bite of geranium that I love. I think geranium is the star. Not too floral, don't really pick up the carnation, but maybe it's a support. A touch of something a bit herbal. It came off like a great herbal body spray. 4-6 hours later, geranium, clary sage, oak moss, and possibly tempered carnation. Vanilla isn't too sweet. My skin sweetens everything, which is a problem since I'm more of a spicy not sweet girl! This is just right! I might be in love. This is not an old scent, it has energy that keeps going all day while as it evolves, but does not completely give up it's top notes. Love geranium for that and a little needed synthetic I suppose. Another scent to put on my must-have list!

05 December, 2010