Redbeard's avatar
    Redbeard

Aramis Bermuda Tonic by Aramis

Not quite as nail-polishy as the new Lanvin Vetyver or Insense Ultramarine, but honestly very chemical. It's basically a dry, no-frills herbal aquatic scent with just a dash of coconut in the top. I really like the fact that it doesn't burden itself with unnecessary sweetness, but sometimes it's just so plastic and musty that I can't believe it. It reminds me of the dirty, offputting way that the raisins and fruit fragments get in a fruitcake when it's been burnt slightly, or old books that have that darker, slightly rotten smell rather than the lighter, grainy/strawlike smell that everyone loves. I wouldn't mind if the men's room floor smelled like this after being cleaned, but I don't see any reason why I need to smell like it.

05 December, 2010