foetidus

Marquis by Anglia Perfumery

This fragrance seems to have been years ahead of its time. To my nose, the lavender stands out prominently from first sniff; it dominates the accord and the citrus and conifer take on a supporting role. I’ve smelled pretty much this same accord in dozens of those late 80s – early 90s fragrances, and as often as not, I do not enjoy them. In the 90s fragrances the opening is often followed by a combination accord that is chock full of every green and herb (in this case) under the sun. I think this one is much better than most of the ‘90s reincarnations, but I still am not a major fan of the opening accord or the conglomeration that follows. Okay…this is a pleasant fragrance with high quality ingredients and a very nice progression. The olfactory combinations that Marquis presents just do not enchant me…it’s an “ehh.”

Originally submitted 12 April 2008