Sunsetspawn's avatar

Calvin by Calvin Klein

I don't know what "version" it is that I obtained a sample of, but it was acquired in the summer of 2010. Calvin is waxy, sweet, floral, dark, rubbery, and unfortunately, a little bit powdery. Well, if you like powdery then that's fine, isn't it? You may try this and think, "hey, SSS lied, this isn't powdery, what an asshat!" And if I could reply to your thoughts, I would tell you to wait a bit. The powdery notes will emerge eventually. It's also deceptively powerful and can become cloying with slight over-application; I put on a half of a sample at 8AM and by noon I was nuclear.

Calvin feels like the perfect fragrance for a metal band. It's dark, which fits metal, but it's also sweet, which would juxtapose with the harsh quality of the music. Although if you apply more than one spray you'll drop dead before the set is over.

05 December, 2010