BayKAT's avatar

Jean-Louis Scherrer by Jean-Louis Scherrer

You canít sniff JLS without getting slapped in the face by the 80s glory note. My mind took it a step further and added a soundtrack: the Dallas theme song, season 3. JLS shouldnít be introduced without it; this is Sue Ellenís signature scent, no questions asked.

But my, what a big girl scent this is. My version is vintage, but Iím not sure of the year. I immediately detected the green notes (hyacinth), and a luscious, full bosomed base. I canít imagine wearing this scent for fun. This must be worn with a purpose. Preferably one that comes with high heels, a short skirt, a tight fitting top and a top shelf martini. I will be setting this sample aside for those nights when Iím heading to the City for cocktails and a show. Itís just loud enough to get you noticed, and just refined enough to keep the other patrons guessing what youíre up to.

Good stuff, but like the show, the earlier versions are better.

08 December, 2010