TropiRock's avatar

Tumulte pour Homme by Christian Lacroix

It's a shame that Tumulte Pour Homme has gone the way of the brontosaurus. This is not for everyone, obviously, but one of the very best cedar-dominated fragrances. Jenson referred to Tumulte as "mysterious" and I absolutely agree. Its lack of complexity doesn't bother me one bit and I really enjoy the interplay between the everpresent cedar notes and the incense. Sometimes I detect a trace of anise in the background. If impartial polls matter in your assessment of fragrance, Tumulte garners more positive comments for me than nearly any other cologne. It is masculine yet nice and as the worldwide supply has apparently been exhausted, most people will never have the opportunity to experience this joy of a woody scent. Over time, that will make Tumulte even more mysterious...

22 December, 2010