Indie_Guy's avatar

Acier Aluminium by Creed

This smell gives me a weird association-- it's like being a child and stumbling upon a sex toy in a drawer at somebody's house or a dirty magazine-- you know it's something to do with sex and you've been taught that sex is something for grownups-- you're curious and feel a rush from seeing something you're not supposed to see.

Acier Aluminium does conjure up orgies (Whoever said this scent remininded them of Stanley Kubrick's "Eyes Wide Shut" was so right!), and cold medical/dental equipment. A very sexually charged, kinky fragrance.

It's strange how it goes on smelling like Juicy Fruit gum, and then kind of gets a tad powdery and moves toward civet. I have to say, I love the opening chord, but the drydown doesn't sustain it and as the fruit fades, it slides into a more opaque texture-- going a bit ambery and soft. I read reviews that say this scent is "manly"-- I'm not sure. It's at least unisex, and I see women wearing it very well, as it connotes more than a hint of the scent of female arousal. I guess a guy could pull it off, but I'm not sure if I'm that guy, so I've never been brave enough to really give it a shot.

One odd thing about Acier Aluminium-- If I take a prescription sedative or sleeping pill, this becomes my favorite scent to smell, bar none-- there's something about enjoying this scent when I'm in a chemically induced relaxed state. It's a soft sweet hazy golden pillow of amber light. I think somebody else compared it to "Vanilla Sky" and I agree with that as well.

This is the most unusual Creed I've encountered. Highly original and provocative.

30th December, 2010