foetidus

F pour Homme Black by Salvatore Ferragamo

The lavender / green tea doesnít work on my skin: on test paper it smells okay, but on my skin it comes across as synthetic to the point of being quite annoying to me... It smells almost like the openings of several of those automobile fragrances. As usual, I donít get much pepper in the middle level and the middle level coriander doesnít help the synthetic nature of the opening get any better. I feel that the top and middle are overdone and can easily turn cloying. I like the drydown better than the earlier levels: I guess the labdanum / incense note fulfill my resinous loving preferences. I can still smell the lavender toward the end of the drydown, but itís more palatable, and I donít mind the way the lavender comes across in the base.

Sillage is a little weak but it has very good longevity. I preferred the original F pour Homme.

10th June, 2010