D&G L'Amoureaux 6 by Dolce & Gabbana

6 L’Amoureux, The Lovers, is somewhat attractive in a generic sense… “generic,” I say, because the pink pepper and the juniper are quite overdone in the fragrances in the past several years… But this version of pink pepper and juniper presents a poorer quality synthetic juniper than many of the newer introductions. Moving on from the opening, 6 doesn’t seem to know where it’s going – the middle seems either purposely empty or completely distracted. I’m not sure how long this heart of anemic spice and washed out green lasts because I’ve found myself incapable of maintaining my interest for very long. The base is truly forgettable – it is a light and generic with nameless musks and woods. I’m giving this one a neutral because most of the other “tarots” in the series are so bad that I weakened simply because L’Amoureux is pleasant in a way and its synthetics are not that disagreeable.

20th July, 2010