Boss Spirit by Hugo Boss

I obtained a sample tube of this with about one-half of the juice remaining, so Iím not sure that the power I discovered in Boss Spirit is normal or if it came from concentration through evaporation. Itís an interesting fragrance because it is heavy and strong but also displays more than a normal amount of sweetness for fragrances of the eighties. It does remind me of a sweeter, leathery Gucci Nobile, and even the bottle seems to be very much like the Gucci Nobile bottle, although since both fragrances were introduced in 1988, I donít know if either can claim being first.

My sample is quite linear: It is heavy with wood, green, and leather. As others have said, itís ridiculously masculine, and it does seem to be in the same ballpark as Macassar. Boss Spirit is more chypre than (Gucci Nobile) green, which means that, as much as I like Gucci Nobile, I like this one better because of its chypre nature, but that is beside the point because it is almost impossible to find.

09th January, 2011 (Last Edited: 24th January, 2011)