FragranceFan255's avatar

Chanel Pour Monsieur by Chanel

Definitely old school and aldehylic. I have to agree that it does smell a lot like lemon furniture polish initially. It's not particuarly offputting to me but it's not a good thing either. However, once the top notes burn off it becomes quite a bit better. No longer expensive smelling Pledge, it has quite a bit going for it. For one it actually smells like a proper cologne, and a pretty nice one at that. The scent is predominantly a powdery citrus smell. I can't pick up much beyond that. To me many of the notes are lost in a pillowy haze not unlike the way notes are blurred in Chanel No. 5.

It is a rather classy smelling scent and wouldn't be a great match for blue jeans and a t-shirt. An older man would feel more at home in this than a twenty-something such as myself. The longevity for decent sillage is pretty short, but it remains a close skin scent for a fairly long time. Despite this I cannot resist reaching for it on occassion. I find the scent to be quite comforting.

07 August, 2006