scentual1's avatar

Paperback by Demeter Fragrance Library

After reading the positive reviews (and being a closet demeter fan) I went out and bought the Paperback scent. I was hoping to jump into my experience at Powell's used books in Oregon, a full city block sized used book store which has a unique, and interestingly alluring smell. I can only describe the smell of Powells as paper, mold, dust, mice, patchoull, and coffee, in that order. Paperback from demeter is more or less a pleasant scent, but as I am learning with this interesting line, not one to be taken literally. You really need to use your imagination here to smell a book. To me, it is vanilla forward with a eucalyptus/camphor finish. Interesting mix. A little like vanilla fields but less sweet. yet more papery/which I have now figured out is conveyed as powder. Interesting, and smart. I am going to give it a neutral, but am very slightly leaning towards thumbs up.

28 December, 2010 (Last Edited: 27 January, 2011)