rickbr's avatar

Brazil Brazil

The Scent of Peace by Bond No. 9

I think i`ll go against the grain here, but for me, this is not an special fragrance. I wonder why people pay so expensively in fragrances that smells like shampoo if you wouldn`t pay so high in a shampoo that smells like this one. This is more of a functional aroma than a fragrance itself. I`m not saying that it smells bad, this is not the case. But this is the way that you would expect your deodorant, or your body lotion, or your shampoo, or your fabric softener to smell like. It`s an adequate aroma for this kind of products, maybe even to a body splash. But for a fancy fragrance? I don`t think so. This is a musky, fruity, green flowery aroma, that starts with a generic fruity note wrapped in some good synthetic citrus aroma, which lasts enough but is not like the real thing. Then, you have that commonplace green springish aroma, which fades to a musky base with something woody just to give a balance. What predominates seems to be the musky fruity aroma, with the floral nuances, something that if it was a little bit sweeter would be a perfect Victoria Secrets Body Splash. I don`t know, this is not a peace that i want to have, because this peace involves lack of creativity. Since i don`t collect bottles, fancy packages, and don`t prioritize longevity over creativity, this one leaves me entirely cold, either on me or on someone else. I also tell you, if you really want to smell like fancy shampoo and you want that to be from Bond No 9, get High Line, which seems little bit less generic.

01st February, 2011