Bigsly's avatar

Léonard pour Homme (original) by Léonard

The Estonian site lists the following notes:

Top: Basil, bergamot, lavender, marjoram, petigrain oil, thyme.
    Mid: Artemisia, carnation, carrot, cedar, cinnamon, jasmine, iris, patchouli, vetiver.
    Base: Amber, castoreum, labdanum, leather, moss, musk.

For me, the lavender/herbal aspect is clear. and you get occasional wafts of leather. I have to try hard to avoid the top notes, which are very strong, so keep that in mind. I don't much wood, moss, or castoreum. It's a little "powdery," so I assume that's the iris. The floral elements are probably too blended to detect more than the lavender. It also seems to have a little amber softening it up, but don't expect much sweetness here. Nor is there much in the way of spice. It does seem to have a little patchouli blended in, but the vetiver must be minimal. If you want a bitter leather, I suggest Francesco Smalto. This one is closer to Oscar Pour Lui or VC&A Pour Homme, but this one is blended better (I've only tried the new VC&A PH and I think that one is clearly inferior to the others). Longevity is quite good but with fair "sillage"/projection at best. One thing that's good is that it never goes into that "soapy lavender" area that so many of these "80s power frags" do. The only criticism I have is that I'd like to smell more of the notes listed clearly, but that's my preference, and I consider it a minor flaw, though of course the perfumer may have been trying to create this kind of smooth fragrance.

27 June, 2010 (Last Edited: 07 February, 2011)