Diamondflame's avatar

Singapore Singapore

Sacrebleu by Nicolaļ

SACRE BLEU! I felt a disconcerting sense of deja vu when I first caught a whiff of the sillage...of another time, in another world, of another me. 20 years back to be precise, to the moment when I first stepped into my room in the university dorms, only to be greeted by a softly fuzzy yet strangely comforting scent that was probably associated with the use of certain carpet deodorizers. But when I brought my nose closer to my skin, this image all but vanished, leaving me with vaguely smoky licorice-like notes, rounded with some tonka (or maybe vanilla) and that soft leathery-powdery undertones. If tuberose is indeed listed, it is unlike any I have tried. Intriguing and not in the least 'girly'.

Now I don't expect others to experience what I just did but on a personal level, any scent that succeeds in evoking such vivid memories is not only aptly named, but also the work of an olfactory genius. It reminds me exactly why I pursue this hobby with such fervor, to uncover olfactory keys that unlock windows to the distant past.

07 February, 2011