hester's avatar

South Africa South Africa

Halloween by J del Pozo

I am quite shocked by how much I like this. For reference: I love Avignon, Rochas Femme, Bal a Versailles, Jasmin Noir... NOT light and airy little floral numbers! But this one, magically, I really enjoy. The topnotes are horrid aquatic nonsense, but happily this fades away quite quickly and what's left is a happy ozonic floral, not sweet, a bit tangy, just right for spring, in fact! And quite persistent too, with good sillage. I really think this is well done and would be a hit if available here in South Africa, although the name is idiotically mismatched. I won't be wearing it a lot, but I'm glad to have my little mini.
    EDIT I'm actually so impressed with it that I got a large bottle from the only retailer to stock it in South Africa. It's even better sprayed! Lovely, really fresh and lightly floral, not the fake horrid chemical 'fresh' the modern perfume industry seems so intent on.

21st September, 2009 (Last Edited: 09 February, 2011)