Pollux's avatar

Argentina Argentina

Hervé Léger Homme by Hervé Léger

Tested on my skin, I could not detect the yuzu nor the ginger: the woody notes and the amber were very obvious notes in it. Does it mean lack of complexity? To an extent. The initial notes are bold, so to speak, but what follows is an olafctory mystery beacuse I could not trace any kind of smell, to such an extent I asked myself if this was the kind of scent aimed at wearers who are turned - off at the idea of sillage. Minutes after this proved wrong for the projection was very noticeable, at least for my nose. What followed was a very contemporary blend of spicy / woody notes which I enjoyed a lot. The question would be which woods? Well, I am sorry to say that my untrained nose could not identify the woody notes with a particular kind of wood, so I would say "generic woods", plus amber and spices.

In summary, the way it morphed reminded me Lacroix's Absynthe, spicy, woody, noticeable for the wearer as well as enjoyable. IMHO; a good thing, you can smell the scent in yourself, but as far as it seems, the wearer won't be pointed out as "The Cologne Guy".

11th February, 2011