MsMaryO's avatar

Ellenisia by Penhaligon's

ELLENISIA is so pretty and happy, like a clear morning in spring still clinging to winterís chill. (LOTR fans should get that reference.) Sometimes violet can make me sad, as in Apres L'Ondee, but not Ellenisia. It stays green and upbeat, all the way through. It's slightly green opening is surprisingly similar to AL'O but without the anise. Although I love ALíO, I think I would prefer Ellenisia as it must be the anise in the opening that seems to pull my mood down.

I can close my eyes and see the first green shoots poking through the gray cold earth - one of my most beloved harbingers of spring. The jasmine, gardenia and tuberose all play so nicely together that no one stands out in a harsh or headache-inducing way, making it a white floral that some white floral-haters might be able to wear. Dry down is a pretty violet and plum, although it could be a little woodier. Vanilla is around just to give a little depth, not noticeable as vanilla.

Moderate sillage and excellent longevity, going on 6 hours and it is still going strong. Perfect spring scent!!

11th February, 2011