Aiona's avatar

Carven Homme (original) by Carven

I like the top notes. It's what makes it so appealing. It smells like honey to me. Maybe that's the tarragon that I'm smelling? It's the drydown that becomes less appealing to me because it's a patchouli scent -- a note I'm not fond of. Some compare it to Zino by Davidoff, but if Zino is patchouli dry, then Carven is patchouli blush. I like it better than Zino because the amber and vanilla sweeten the patchouli. It's almost Angel-like, really. I'd have to compare them side by side to see. I saw some compare it to L'Instant by Guerlain, and I guess I see the similarities. Gourmand patchouli. A little incense in the drydown. Beware of falling in love with this one, because it is discontinued, although many compare it to Gucci Envy. I sampled Envy a long time ago, and I don't remember liking it as much as I do this one. But that was years ago, and maybe my tastes have changed.

13 February, 2011