Kittycat63's avatar

Ivoire (original) by Pierre Balmain

Ivoire is such an unusual, gorgeous perfume that I've become totally addicted to it. Although it is a perfume which has been around for decades it has a freshness and liveliness which I think is very modern and timeless so it's perfect for any woman of any age who has the right personality to carry off this kind of scent and who doesn't want to wear a dull, run-of-the-mill kind of perfume.

It opens very green and clear but in the background lurks the delicious smell of creamy raspberries and this note on me becomes more pronounced after a short time and the greenness fades into the background. It isn't the kind of sweetness which is so prevalent in a lot of more current scents, which tend to be quite sickly and artificial smelling, but is a more refined, pure and fresh sweetness which I think is absolutely gorgeous and this is my favorite stage of Ivoire's unfolding tale and the one that lasts the longest on me.

Ivoire is a complex perfume which is one of the things that I find so incredibly appealing about it because too many perfumes are one-dimensional and dull. It's sexy but sweet, sassy but soft and just all-round intriguing. I also love the fact that because it's not easy to get hold of in stores in my country (England) I know that I'm not going to smell it on lots of other women so I feel as if it's my little secret and not one that I'm going to readily reveal to anyone!

Ivoire for me is one of my best discoveries and it has rapidly worked its way into my heart and become one of my favorite perfumes. I can't imagine being without it now and, in fact, if I had to choose only one perfume to wear for the rest of my life this would be it.

22 September, 2009 (Last Edited: 18 February, 2011)