She Wood by Dsquared2

Green, woody, and sappyÖ Quite a natural opening that is not at all feminine. It is more like the cut stems of fresh greens: Itís clean and refreshing, but certainly not light. Too much violet for me in the middle notes, but these violet notes donít disgust me as violet notes usually do, so thatís sort of a plus for me. Of course, when there are violets present, I canít smell the other notes Ė in this case heliotrope and musk Ė in the heart. Nice base: coniferous and woody with a touch of sweet amber, but the over-lasting of the violet note reduces the experience.

Iím not too sure that this is a very original fragrance. It seems to me that I have experienced somewhat the same scent in several unisex fragrances Ė it just seems a little too familiar. I think itís an acceptable quality fragrance, well made with good ingredients. I love the sappy ambiance of the openingÖ the rest of She Wood is not very interesting, but I think those who like violet notes could possibly enjoy this one.

31st October, 2009 (Last Edited: 18 February, 2011)