Redbeard's avatar

Jules by Christian Dior

A dry, bitter, smoky powerhouse in the old tradition. Like Aramis but without the sweetness; in fact, this is built around a complete lack of sweetness only seen in things like Yatagan. I could have sworn it was repugnant the last time I tried my sample, but I'm not finding the overbearing herbal sweetness or sharpness that I usually expect from this bunch. It's also not terribly strong. This time around, it reminds me of the much older dry leather barbershop scents (i.e. the Trumper Collection...Astor, Marlborough, Curzon, Eucris). I could actually wear this, in spite of how I had erroneously rememebered it. If it's as expensive and hard to find as I think it is, you might as well just get the Trumper's Collection boxed set, but I am still pleased that another line besides Trumper's has produced this type of scent so recently.

19 February, 2011