almasinti's avatar

Muscs Koublaï Khän by Serge Lutens

Boy, I do not like this. I do understand that natural elements that we think of as unpleasant - including a component present in decomposing bodies, human sweat and body odor molecules and animal smells - can be blended into fragrances and add complexity, richness and perhaps a subliminal sensuality to fragrances if used tastefully. However, for me, the "fecal" element in this is an instant turn-off. It doesn't matter what else is in the fragrance, once I get that smell, I cannot tolerate the fragrance at all.

Maybe I am just another over-civilized person who does not like natural human smells, but I think there is a hygenic reason why the smells generated by excrement are a turn-off, And no, I do not associate this type of smell with any sort of sweaty, rough and ready sexual ecsapades, either. The reason I wear fragrance is to smell good, not dirty or sweaty. I suppose there is no accounting for taste, and yes, i will try this again. But for now, a definite thumbs down.

20th February, 2011