iodine's avatar

Ambre 114 by Histoires de Parfums

What lead me buying Ambre 114 was a severe and potentially dangerous detour from my perfume- purchasing- habits: I just gave it a quick sniff, found it quite pleasant and decided that it would have represented the third member of the beautiful 15 ml vials coffret, along with 1804 and Vert Pivoine, which I had tested more accurately on my skin.
    It turned out to be the only one of the three that I like and could wear!
    It opens with strong and pungent aromatic notes: I can identify most clearly thyme and freshly grated nutmeg, that sublime the bracing greeness of geranium. These notes, curiosly, have a great tenacity on clothes, so they last almost all day and keep reminding the beginning while the fragrance evolves on skin, creating a charming effect.
    Then the woods- I couldn’t say exactly what wood, I seem unable to recognize patchouli or sandalwood in mix- give strenght and support, while ambery notes give a special glow to a most delightful and balanced vanilla, conjuring up a powdery candied sugar, marron glacče-like fragrance, not a bit sticky or overly sweet, that would stay on my skin for hours.
    Ambre 114 is a nice fragrance for a winter day, as it gives comfort and pleasure on wool-warmed skin.

15 November, 2010 (Last Edited: 22 February, 2011)