Bigsly's avatar

Orange Spice by Creed

I'm all for animalic notes but I just don't like this composition for some reason. Is it that I need note separation when the animalic notes are strong? Whatever the case may be, this is indeed a smoother, lighter Kouros, so if you really dislike Kouros I don't see why you would like this. An example of a really animalic fragrance that I like is vintage Tabu. OS doesn't have much dynamism nor balance, and is what I call a "man sweat frag," meaning that it seems to be designed to smell like certain people think a man should smell like, rather than being made for a fragrance aficionado. Of course, at the time, thee was no such thing, so you can't fault the perfumer for doing this, but it has an air freshener quality that way, though of course air fresheners don't have animalic notes. Anyway, the longevity and projection/"sillage" are fine, so I'll give this a neutral only because it doesn't appeal to my aesthetic.

06 March, 2011